We're glad you came! Read, Enjoy and Comment.
RSS

Sunday, January 31, 2010

2010 Week #4

Not much to report this week.

Dynomite had dance and again loved it. Its all she talks about. And she is learning to talk much faster these days! The kids have enjoyed their last two swim lessons. I didn't feel well on Tuesday, so Travis took them. Trouble's instructor informed us that Trouble was confident enough in the water to take the real swim lessons. So Monday I will be signing him up for the Learn To Swim course. Monday night it snowed, so I thought MOPS would been cancelled. Thanks goodness it wasn't. While we were getting ready in the morning the kids were bouncing off the walls. It was then that I realized how much we all needed to go. Thankfully a friend called and asked for a ride. I like having someone with me when the road aren't so good. It takes my mind off of it. At MOPS we had an interesting discussion about parenting.

Wednesday my visiting teachers came over. The lesson this month was on the importance of being self-reliant. This is the quote that I liked:

"‘Self-reliance means using all of our blessings from Heavenly Father to care for ourselves and our families and to find solutions for our own problems.’ Each of us has a responsibility to try to avoid problems before they happen and to learn to overcome challenges when they occur. …
“How do we become self-reliant? We become self-reliant through obtaining sufficient knowledge, education, and literacy; by managing money and resources wisely, being spiritually strong, preparing for emergencies and eventualities; and by having physical health and social and emotional well-being.” ~ Julie B. Beck, Relief Society general president.

I would like to say that the world would be much better off if we were all striving to be self-reliant. I'm not saying we're prefect, but at least working toward it! Its a process that has to be constantly monitored and balanced every step of the way.

Thursday I babysat again. The kids are always up for visitors and playmates. It was 3 for 3, so everyone had someone to play with. I got very far in my book, so that was an added bonus. I also came down with a head cold, so I've been miserable for a few days. I've had a headache for 3 days now. It is bothersome, but as a parent you just keep going because there is more to life then a hurting head! Although, you wish it wasn't so!!

Friday morning I felt a little better. After Trouble went to preschool the rest of us went visiting teaching. It was a good experience. But after I picked up Trouble we cleaned the house and I crashed. I felt terrible. I slept on the couch while Backpack slept and Travis came home and played with the kids so I could keep on sleeping. At one point I heard, "Hey kids lets run to the store and pick something up for dinner." I popped awake! No way, kids are getting leftovers, you're taking me to dinner! We went to TGI Fridays. There is a $12.99 special for an appetizer, entree, and dessert. We each had steak, with 2 sides and shared the appetizer and dessert. I was spoiled and had the strawberry lemonade slush. We were stuffed. We headed home to watch Smallville in peace and then picked up the kids. We watched Angels & Demons because I just finished the book. Word to the wise: Do not take Tylenol PM BEFORE watching a movie!!

Saturday we went to a birthday party for several hours. There were crafts, lunch, cake, toys, kids, and adults. It was great! Plus, Travis got in some great study time. We came home and some took naps, some cleaned their ultra messy bedrooms, some sorted laundry, some studied. Can you guess who goes with which chore?? How the do the kids' rooms get so crazy? They don't even have toys in there! Just books, they love books, and the books get everywhere. We have more books than shelf space. That is the problem! After the kids went down that night I went to the dreaded grocery store. Travis offered to do it, but I knew I shouldn't push my luck! We watched "All About Steve". Cute, but definitely a rental movie.

Sunday morning Backpack woke up screaming. It's rare that any of our kids get up at night (Dynomite will use the potty, but she does it all herself). I changed his diaper, it was poopy, and Travis laid him back down. After church Travis went to lay Backpack down and found throw-up in his bed! Poor guy threw up this morning and we didn't even know. No wonder he was so fussy at Church! He did better after his nap. The kids Skyped with Yaya, then she called me later to give me all the good gossip! Sundays are that fun! I'm also ecstatic that next Sunday I can start taking Backpack in to nursery! Hurray!!!

Here is to February and a new week!!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails