We're glad you came! Read, Enjoy and Comment.
RSS

Monday, May 17, 2010

KKT: Easy Bread Crumbs

I use bread crumbs here and there in my recipes and used to make my own, but found it was easier to just buy them. Plus the lame process I did consisted of drying them in the oven, thus adding extra time to my dinner prep. Yes, I KNOW its a waste of money when I could just make them UNTIL I found this tip:

Take the heels of the bread or any extra slices that might be a bit stale and place them into a large ziplock bag into the freezer.

When you have a recipe that asks for bread crumbs, grab your bag out of the freezer.
Break the bread into pieces and drop into your food processor or blender. I found that I could crush them with a rolling pin or bottom of a cup in the bag so I wouldn't have to wash the processor or blender.
Process (or smash) and now you have instant bread crumbs.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've also used stuffing mix for bread crumbs. and it's already seasoned (or not)!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails