We're glad you came! Read, Enjoy and Comment.
RSS

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Meet Buzz Aldrin

Friday, at a book store called Books & Co. "Buzz" Aldrin was there talking about his new book Magnificent Desolation, The Long Journey Home from the Moon. The kids and I got to Books & Co. at 11:30am to get a line number to have him sign books. We got #178! First there was Q&A session about his book. The store then called out groups of numbers to get your book signed!
The paper said he'd only be there until 1:30pm. So Travis rushed from his mid-term to meet us. I tried to call him and tell him that we'd be there until 2pm just waiting to see him. But Travis didn't get the message and consequently didn't do well on his test from rushing. But we got up front and one of the workers took our picture and I rushed off. I DIDN'T EVEN SAY HI! I was so excited to be there and see him and get a picture and then I just walked away! Travis told him he was a Space and Missiles guy and that he had studied him in school. So they had a nice little conversation and I walked off like a snob!

So Mr. Aldrin, if you somehow come across this little blog of ours, Please don't think I'm a snob, I was just too excited. Love Denay PS We're the family with all the little blond kids that waited 2.5 hours to see.


So you wonder why is such a celeb hanging out in Dayton? To celebrate the upcoming 40th anniversary of the success of the Apollo 11 mission, the National Aviation Hall of Fame had a special ceremony for 12 Apollo veterans at the National Museum of the USAF in Dayton. They got hall's 2009 Milton Caniff "Spirit of Flight" Award.
It was an honor to see and we're excited to read the book.

1 comments:

Cynthia said...

wow- you've met Buzz! I now have connections to famous people! :-) great pictures, by the way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails