We're glad you came! Read, Enjoy and Comment.
RSS

Thursday, June 4, 2009

What do to when the parks are full...

Apparently we didn't get the memo. Tuesday we went to 4 different playgrounds only to be invaded by excited elementary kids on their field day. While they were having fun, we went away with sad faces. They are just too big for us little guys. So on the last unsuccessful attempt at happily playing we called Daddy. Trouble, equipped with a cell phone and a sad voice, asked Daddy if we could purchase a Slip'n'Slide. We got the green flag, headed to Toys R Us and bought ourselves a toy...and Backpack a swing.

Now before we went into the Daddy-of-all-Toystores the kids got a sound lecture of "we are only going in for two things. Two, count it, ONE TWO. No I-wants, no running away, no sticking things in the cart, no breaking items so we have to purchase them, no mental games, no talking, no looking, no touching, no breathing...you get the idea. Plus I bribed them with a trip to Pet Smart...which they did all things I told them not to do in Toys R Us. Does a Mom every win?? Moving on...

Although Trouble suggested that perhaps we could get a slip'n'slide that came with Matchbox cars. See what I mean by mental games!!!

Trouble had a great time slip and sliding down the hill. Backpack loved the swing. Dynomite slept.


5 comments:

THE YOUNG-INS said...

how fun...I have not been on one of those in years.

Cynthia said...

Sweet! We'll have to come try it out. That would be a great toy with the hill!

Adam/Regina said...

Looks like a lot of fun. We just bought a slip 'n slide also and we are excited to try it out. We bought it without Daddy's permission.

The Schooley's said...

What a great compromise. I love slip & slides. SWEET!!!

Nikki said...

I don't think I'm brave enough to venture with my children into a store that ONLY sells toys. I don't think my kids know such a place even exists. lol

I have actually been thinking about purchasing a slip n' slide. Our grass would get watered and the kids would have a blast. Did that little blow-up part he slid on come with it? Because that is a great idea!

Related Posts with Thumbnails