1. If you over salt a dish while cooking (like soup) just drop in peeling chunks of potato. It will absorb the salt. Yes, it works!
2. My Mom boils the potatoes with the skins on because the skins will slide off easily when done and the potato will retain a lot of its nutritional value.
3. To keep the potatoes from sprouting, put an apple with them.
4. I like to brush my potatoes with olive oil and rub seasoning salt all over them before baking them in the oven. The skins come out crispy and full of flavor.
5. For homemade french fries Travis makes a batter of 1/4 C. flour plus a combination of seasonings like seasoning salt, garlic powder, onion powder. Then he adds just enough water for a thin batter. He cuts potatoes into fry shapes and adds them to the batter. He deep fries them. They are heavenly!