We're glad you came! Read, Enjoy and Comment.
RSS

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Winning Reader!

Every summer the library does a summer reading program. For 8 weeks the kids have to read 4 hours a week. For every 30 minutes of reading the kids get to enter in for a weekly drawing and some final prizes at the end-of-summer reading program at the zoo. We read every day and Trouble even finished two chapter books: The Tale of Desperaux and Because of Winn-Dixie. All the reading paid off! Trouble won a Family Season Pass for 2009 for our zoo and 120 other zoo around the country! We picked up his pass today! Congratulations Trouble!!!

2 comments:

The Schooley's said...

Good for Trouble. I always say I am going to make my kids read more during the summer, but I really don't know what happens. You have inspired me to do better for the next couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

Well, I found your blog. This is Melissa A. Yes I realize I haven't talked to you in awhile, or your mom. I'm just teaching school in Idaho. Your kids are so cute, and congrats on a third one coming soon! Tell Travis hi for me as well. And what a great reader!

Related Posts with Thumbnails